2) Here is a transcription of part of George Benson's solo on "All Blues" from the album Witchcraft.
- You will hear this at 2:33 in the recording. *Note the first measure is a pickup, and the transcription is not an entire chorus.
- Measure 1 leads into a new chorus via the G bebop scale. This is indicated by Benson's use of the Gb connecting the 1 to the b7.
- Measures 2-3 contains 4ths and 3ds which is typical of Benson to use.
- In measure 4, you may notice a descending F major 7th arpeggio which is very useable over a G7.
- Measures 6-7 over the C7 contains ascending chromatics, along with plenty of altered tones.
- Be sure to listen to the recording when learning these licks!